Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

The crowd was small but cozy at this year's Thanksgiving feast. Other than my parents and my family, only one of my siblings (out of 5) was there. But we still had a good time and definitely some great food.

Even the dogs enjoyed some social time with their cousins.

It was shaping up to be a very relaxing Thanksgiving (which if you've been to my mom's house for dinner, you would know, it's a lot of things, but not always relaxing :) She likes to keep busy and we usually have a BIG crowd). Mom was sitting with Megan looking at pictures. It had even occurred to me that Mom seemed very relaxed. I mean, it was 1:40 and she wasn't rushing around, trying to get everything done. She even seemed to be enjoying herself.
All of a sudden she said, "What time is it?"
"1:42."
"My turkey!!! No wonder I was smelling it!! I thought it was 12:25!!" Her mantle clock had stopped on 25 'til 1. No wonder she was so relaxed. Here's mom resetting the clock AFTER the fact:)










Of course, this was the beginning of 30 minutes of frenzy as we started the potatoes, made the gravy and the hollandaise sauce, cooked the asparagus and the rolls, mashed the potatoes, sliced the turkey and served everything up.

Everyone did their part.












Mom's table looked pretty with handmade napkin rings with acorns from our yard.










I just had time to snap pictures of everyone before we dug in.









We actually had a very nice afternoon after the meal and cleanup. Nicholas strew toys from one end of the house to the other.

Megan enjoyed some computer time (Thanks to Uncle Brad and Aunt Daphne for donating their old iBook!!!).












The whole family went for a walk to the neighborhood playground.













After the walk, the temperature was beginning to drop so the girls had to have their coats.











Megan and Nicholas got to spend the night at Grandma and Grandpa's house, as David and I had to work on Friday. As we left, Thursday night, they were planning which movie they were going to watch. It doesn't get any better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment